On 03/20/2012 03:00 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
> I did a little testing, and this appears to be just a bug in the
> config-test. With these settings, cram-md5 is not advertised, and
> authentication does work.

After a little more testing, I discovered that qmail-smtpd (w/chkuser)
is rejecting non-local emails, because it doesn't realize that the
sender has authenticated.

If I set the RELAYCLIENT variable in the tcp.smtp file (which would
normally create an open relay), will spamdyke still honor the
relay-level=normal
(default) setting, and reject unauthenticated attempts to relay?

I ask this because the documentation about spamdyke's access-file says this:
Remote servers are allowed to relay if the environment variable
RELAYCLIENT is set to any value. Most qmail guides recommend an entry
like this one:
     11.22.33.44:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

and it's not clear to me if spamdyke would see this variable set by
tcp.smtp and allow access based on this.

As always, thanks Sam.

--
-Eric 'shubes'