Yes, this is the same setup. Here are my configuration settings:
dns-blacklist-entry=zen.spamhaus.org
dns-blacklist-entry=bl.spamcop.net
graylist-dir=/var/spamdyke/graylist
graylist-level=always
graylist-max-secs=2678400
graylist-min-secs=180
greeting-delay-secs=5
idle-timeout-secs=180
ip-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_ip
ip-in-rdns-keyword-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_keywords
ip-in-rdns-keyword-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_keywords
ip-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_ip
local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
log-level=info
log-target=stderr
max-recipients=15
rdns-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_rdns
rdns-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_rdns
recipient-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_recipients
recipient-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_recipients
reject-empty-rdns
reject-ip-in-cc-rdns
reject-unresolvable-rdns
sender-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_senders
sender-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_senders
smtp-auth-command=/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true
smtp-auth-level=always
tls-certificate-file=/var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
tls-level=smtp

As you can see, I do have local-domains-file, but I have not specified
any access-file. Is the access-file required? I presumed not, as the doc
says it may be given, and connections are allowed by default.

When I tested authentication (using telnet), I got a Proceed message
after authentication, so I presumed authentication worked ok and I
didn't test any further (my bad).

My qmail-smtpd is (still) patched with smtp-auth though, and it doesn't
appear to recognize that authentication has taken place. I want to have
spamdyke control authentication entirely, but it appears that spamdyke
isn't setting RELAYCLIENT when authentication has taken place. I presume
that spamdyke doesn't start qmail-smtpd until after authentication has
taken place, otherwise RELAYCLIENT could not be set, right?

Let me know if I can give you anything else to go on.

Thanks Sam.

--
-Eric 'shubes'