That's very unusual, it sounds like a setting on their server.  It's been a
long time, but I remember a setting on old sendmail servers that would send an
"advisory message" if an email had been sitting in the queue too long.  It was
just a "by the way" notice (and it always confused every user who received it),
saying the server had failed to deliver the message so far but it would
continue trying for X hours.  Maybe something like that is happening here --
the message is being stopped by graylisting but the remote server doesn't retry
it very often, so it sits in the queue long enough to send a warning to the
user?  I suppose you could fix it by either reducing the overall graylisting
time on your server or by turning off graylisting for messages from their
domain (using a configuration directory).

-- Sam Clippinger