I have set up a virtualenv to test Sphinx and installed everything in that
environment with easy_install.  On my Windows box, the default Makefile does
not work since the Windows mkdir fails. I installed mkdir.exe from UnxUtils
and added a new MKDIR definition at the top of the Makefile pointing to that
executable and changed all mkdir references to  $(MKDIR) and the make runs
fine. (I suggest changing the default Makefile to make this easier on us
Windows users.) I can build html files with no problems. However, running
"make latex" on a new sphinx-quickstart project fails with an unknown node
"footer" error.  I have done this same test on the latest development
versions of both Sphinx and docutils with the same results. Am I doing
something wrong here?

Roie Black

Professor, Computer Science

Austin Community College