I agree totally.

What I am doing is using MacPorts to download all the software ports, that are
available for osx, to use to build spicec and spice-gtk successfully -
including xorg. BTW - there is only one package that is not in MacPorts in
order to build spice-gtk and that is celt051.

I was attempting to use the MacPorts version of X to run spicec and spicy. BUT,
I could not get the MacPorts version of X11 to work properly as per my last
email.

Then I downloaded Xquartz's environment, to checkout the difference, but I
could not get that to work either with very similar errors. There is probably
something simple I am not doing to get them to work. But I can't spend any more
time on them right now.

So, now I use the X11 environment that comes with osx when I actually run
spiced and/or spicy. But I feel you are correct in saying that it is better to
use the X11 system that comes with osx.

I was just attempting to notify others of these issues in hopes that it might
help them to save some time.

Do you feel it is worth the time to build an Xcode project for building spicec
and spice-gtk to distribute?
The visual debugger is sure nice in Xcode.

Everyone on this forum is so very helpful. It is great.

____

Cliff Sharp | csh...@vbridges.com