Hi Jeff,

Congrats on a nice little internet based experiment. It would have
been even more impressive if it was an actual shortwave numbers
station. ;)

We actually considered doing it as a real station, but wanted a
certain degree of anonymity.  Of course, shortwave stations are great
for that - but the only way to really do that would to be unlicensed,
and we didn't really want to go down that road.  Besides, licensed or
not, you could still be DFed, and there was some curiosity to see how
people would react when faced with a numbers station running over a
non-traditional medium.

You guys aren't behind Yosemite Sam are you?

Nope, nor are we behind any of the others that might fall into the 'is
it real or is it Memorex?' category.  I will confess to having a
fondness for Yosemite Sam, though, and have a theory (going by the
audio sample it uses) that it's meant to be in direct competition to
WBNY and the Rodent Revolution.  But otherwise, sorry - not us :)

Thanks,

- skroo.