Asking this on behalf of Rowe Sprinkler Systems (Temporally Un-Retired)

We have a 4-story modular apartment building sprinklered in accordance with
NFPA 13R with allowed exceptions, with 4 standpipes. The standpipes are
connected at the 1st floor level. One each at the ends of the L shaped
building and two at the approximate mid-point on either side of a 2-hour
separation wall with self-closing, rated doors in the corridor.

The question is for purposes of calculating the standpipe can these be
treated as two separate buildings? For example, 250 gpm at the far end of
the 4th floor, 250 gpm at the far end of the 3rd floor and 250 gpm at the at
the connecting point of the middle standpipe, for a total of 750 gpm.

Or do we have to calculate the additional standpipes up to 1250 gpm.
Available water is the issue.

Richard L. Mote CET

Rimrock Design Services, LLC

Middleburg, PA 17842