Ben et al,

Seismic needs to be approached as part of the building package.  It is
important to know what they are using to protect the building (e.g. ASCE 7)
so that the system works with the structure.  It would also be important to
tie the seismic coefficient (CP) from NFPA 13 to specific editions.  As Ken
noted, the newest formula relates the seismic coefficient to the SDS; the
information that goes into that equation is from the ASCE 7-22 edition.  If
the building is being constructed under ASCE 7-16, I would recommend using
the information from NFPA 13, 2019 edition that still correlates to SS.

Now, back to the original question of where to locate the information.  The
source for this would come from the building code or authority having
jurisdiction.  You referenced FM 2-1, if this is an FM project, FM will be
able to guide you to the source acceptable to them.  Otherwise, the local
authority is likely the best resource.  For example, Mexico writes values
into their building code to be used.

Unfortunately, I do not have specific details for Guatemala.  You may be
able to reach out to someone involved with LATAM (
https://latampci.com/en/background/), which is an organization focused on
fire protection and fire sprinkler systems across Latin America, who can
provide more specific information for Guatemala.

Thanks,
Victoria
*Victoria B. Valentine, P.E., FSFPE*
valent...@firesprinkler.org