"Mike Bayer" <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> writes:

> a fix for that is coming through at
> https://github.com/sqlalchemy/sqlalchemy/issues/7979
>
> though it's best to give types to bindparam() objects if they don't have a
> value

Thank you Mike, and sorry for not providing a MWE of my issue in my first
post.

I confirm that explicitly typing the bind parameters fixed the issue.

W.r.t.

> (do you really need to use bindparam() directly?)

well, yes, it's very handy in this case, because as said this is a moderately
complex query, dinamically composed by several different smaller "chunks"
generated by common functions, used in several other places.

It would be very impractical to carry around the whole set of "parameters" and
use the implicit/automatic injection made by SA.

Thanks again,
ciao, lele.
l...@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/878rrjgjaj.fsf%40metapensiero.it.