I will note, in case you didn't see it, that in SQLAlchemy 1.4 (as well as in
2.0) the caching mechanics themselves have changed compared to what they were
in SQLAlchemy 1.3.  This change was first made in the 1.4 series to use the new
do_orm_execute() event model, whereas previously in 1.3 there was a Query
subclass called CachingQuery or something like that.   for 1.4 and above you
would need to be using the do_orm_execute() code.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/ba2c7c0a-821b-42db-b85f-f9a7bde9a1f0%40app.fastmail.com.