On Jan 12, 2008, at 7:55 PM, Shawn Wilsher wrote:

Hey all,

I was wondering when you plan on releasing the next version of SQLite.
 Mozilla is currently using 3.5.4, but that does not include some OS/2
fixes that were checked in after the release of 3.5.4.  Instead of
patching our local copy of sqlite, I'd like to use a release version,
but at the same time do not want to delay this fix to our OS/2 users
very long.  The specific checkins we are looking at are 4646, 4647,
and 4648.

In case you haven't been watching the timeline
(http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/timeline) we are in the middle
of some major changes. The virtual machine inside of SQLite
is being transformed from a stack-based machine into a
register-based machine.  The whole virtual machine and
the code generator is being rewritten.  Slowly.  Piece by
piece.  I haven't done an overall line change count yet, but
we are looking at some pretty serious code churn.  3.5.4 to
3.5.5 is likely to be the biggest single change in the history
of SQLite.

So you might not want to release product with 3.5.5
embedded.  All the regression tests pass, but still....

If you like, we can set up a special Mozilla branch off
of 3.5.4 that includes the OS/2 fixes.

On the other hand, if this is not for a release, but rather
for general development work, then please build and test
with the latest code from CVS.  (This applies to *everybody*
not just Mozilla.)  Please report any problems.  The test
suite for SQLite is very thorough, but I have found that users
can be very creative in stressing SQLite in ways that I would
have never imagined, and have not developed tests for.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]