On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Darren Duncan wrote:

I would think something like that is worthy of a 3.6.0 version number. Not just a minor version increase that would be more suitable for minor
changes or bugfixes.

  I agree with Darren that massive changes to the core of the system should
be reflected by a major version increase (to 4.0); at a minimum to a minor
version increease (to 3.6). A version number change from 3.5.4 to 3.5.5
tells folks that it's a minor bug fix or simple adjustment, not a wholesale
rewrite of the system's core.

Rich