I like sqlite for it's simplicity in administration, small footprint, and reliability, this coupled with a very robust implementation of SQL. a lot embedded and web applications fit well into the model of "many readers, one writer", sqlite does this very well. Applications that need many concurrent tasks doing updates might think about using a server based RDBMS that has the added complexity and size for this purpose.

All this said ...

It might me nice to have an option where you can have sqlite "wait forever" might be nice to implement as a pragma. the downside is that ... well things might wait for a very long time and appear to hang.

Just an idea,

Jim Dodgen

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=2385

--