On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 09:08:37AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I think you misunderstood what I was asking (see the start of the thread).
> I need to support Byzantine readers which do not follow the locking
> protocol.  Based on the documentation, LMDB uses locks to implement MVCC and
> prevent premature page reuse.

There's a good use case for an LMDB-like COW DB such that readers need
never lock.  That would require vacuuming by writing a new file and
renaming it into place, which is a trade-off.

One of the problems with LMDB's locks is that readers need write
permission to the lock file, IIRC :( but at least it's a separate file.

Nico