On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 02:22:42PM -0600, John McKown wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Chris Locke <chrisjlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Storing as integers is the way to go.
>
> At present, I think that is the best way. Of course, we could argue that
> every RDMS "should" implement Decimal Floating Point.

You could argue that every programming language needs that.  What makes
SQL more special than the others in this regard?

There are reasons we use IEEE754: it's fixed-sized, it's built-in pretty
much everywhere, and it's usually implemented in hardware, so it's fast.
Those are fantastic selling points for IEEE754.  There are reasons we
all dislike it too...

Nico