While exploring the sqlite.org website for specific sqlite details I found
the document at the URL below which is labelled as "draft" and appears to
be from version 3.6.11.  The latest release is 3.15 and I currently have
version 3.13 installed.

https://www.sqlite.org/sessions/sqlite.html
.shell not listed
.system not listed

In the 3.6.11 version the (dot) calls .system and .shell where not part of
sqlite. I later found the same output in a newer version online document
that did show these 2 (dot) functions.

I strongly encourage having all online documentation having a "last"
revised date at the top (and maybe bottom) of each page and labelled either
"current" or "latest revision."  Or, in the case of software revisions also
including the latest release of software the online documents pertain too.