On 10 Jan 2017, at 12:08pm, rmroz80 <rmro...@o2.pl> wrote:

> I have one question with sqlite database files. In my company (school) there
> is an application called SIO (System Informacji OĊ›wiatowej - Educational
> Information System). This program is running on 2 independent computers. Each
> program has own sqlite file called SIO2.sqlite and data are written
> separately on each machine.

Do you need to run the program on both computers at the same time ?

If you do not, then it may be easy to make them use the same data file.  You
could share filespace over a network.  And you should do a lot of testing to
make sure the application works when the data is shared this way.  (Take a
backup first !)

If you need to run the program on both computers at the same time, and the
program was not designed to allow this, then this could lead to corruption of
the database.

The program on one computer would make one change to the database file, but the
program on the other computer might not expect the database file to be changed
while it was running.  So it will assume no changes have been made and make a
different change to the database file.  This second computer may not know a
change was made by the other computer and it will save its own changes,
reversing that change.

You might want to ask the programmers of the the application if they have a
solution.

Simon.