On 11 Jan 2017, at 3:28am, Kevin O'Gorman <kevinogorm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a modest amount of data that I'm loading into an SQLite database for
> the first time.  For the moment it contains just two tables and a few
> indices, nothing else.  The first table loads okay, and if I stop the
> process at that point, all is well and I can look at the database.
>
> If I go on to the second table, it appears to finish normally, but when I
> try to look at the database with sqlite3, a command-line tool for
> interacting with SQLite, it says the database is corrupt.

Make absolutely sure you’re starting with a new database file each time, not
continuing to write to an already-corrupt file.

At stages during your Python program, including after you’ve finished loading
the first table, use the following command to check to see whether the database
is correct:

PRAGMA integrity_check

Use the same command in the command-line tool.

Simon.