On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:

> Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:29 PM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de>
> wrote:
> when I
> >>
> >> What version?
> >
> > It's whatever is in Python 3.5.2.'s builtin sqlite package.
>
> The sqlite3 command-line shell does not ship with Python.
>
> >> It's possible that there is a bug in your code.  Which you have not
> shown.
> >
> > My opinion is that no user bug whatever should cause DB integrity
> problems without
> > raising an exception.
>
> <http://www.sqlite.org/howtocorrupt.html>
> But it's unlikely that you'd manage to do any of this in Python.
>
> Anyway, my own test program works.

That's twisted backwards.

My database builder is built with pure Python, using the SQLite package
that comes with it.  Then sqlite3 just refuses to open the result.  That's
just what's in the Xubuntu 16.04 repos, i.e. version 3.11.0-1ubuntu1; I
didn't report that because I don't suspect sqlite3 of being a cause.
Indeed, it was changes to the python code that seems to have stopped
provoking the error -- nothing about squlite3 has changed.  Anyway, I did
not save the problem code, so I can no longer pursue this.

--
word of the year: *kakistocracy*