I am in the process of converting an SQLite database to mySQL.  The SQLIte
db includes several views with ORDER BY clauses that have always returned
qualifying rows in the correct order.

I am discovering that in mySQL issuing a SELECT statement against these
same views works fine in terms of the order in which the rows are returned
 if the SELECT does not include a WHERE clause but if I include a WHERE
claus, the view's ORDER BY clause is ignored and the rows are returned in
seemingly random order.

Searching around the web suggests that this behavior is accepted as correct
in mySQL although I haven't been able to find a justification for it and it
seems to me that the SQLite behavior is correct.

Does anyone know what the official SQL specification has to say on this
topic, if anything?

Thanks,
Pete