On 19 Jan 2017, at 6:54pm, Scott Hess <sh...@google.com> wrote:

> Just to be clear, you're saying that the VIEW has an ORDER BY, but
> when you SELECT from the VIEW you aren't using an ORDER BY?
>
> If your outer SELECT is using an ORDER BY and that is not respected,
> that seems like an egregious bug.  But if your outer SELECT has no
> ORDER BY, then that seems like depending on implementation-defined
> behavior.

Scott wins.  I should have read more carefully.  I thought you were referring
to a VIEW with both WHERE and ORDER BY.

If you perform a SELECT on a VIEW and your SELECT does not specify an order,
the results can be in any order.  To enforce an order on the SELECT, you have
to specify the order in the SELECT.

Simon.