On 03/23/2017 11:46 PM, Scott Robison wrote:
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Scott Robison <sc...@casaderobison.com> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Dan Kennedy <danielk1...@gmail.com> wrote:
How did you trip the assert()? i.e. what is the database schema and query
that cause it to fail?
In trying to track down issues recently, a team member defined
SQLITE_DEBUG. My "fix" was to simply undefine SQLITE_DEBUG, thus
compiling out the assertions anyway. Since we won't have it in
production code, I wouldn't call it a bug, just an over enthusiastic
bit of error prevention.

The query was apparently a vacuum. I'll synthesize a test case and
submit it later.
Note: I'm on Windows 10 and reproduced this with the amalgamation
downloaded today from
http://sqlite.com/2017/sqlite-amalgamation-3170000.zip

Step 1: Using sqlite3 shell, created a database test.db with the
following schema:

     CREATE TABLE a(b text collate binary, c text collate nocase);
     CREATE INDEX ab on a(b);
     CREATE INDEX ac on a(c);

Thanks for reporting this. Removed the assert() here:

  http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/9f2e04d3c3526b5f

Dan.