> On Apr 6, 2017, at 5:19 AM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
> Don’t do this.  Because if the file isn’t there, or if the file is there but
> has zero length, SQLite will turn it into a SQLite file and then return
> results which don’t let you tell whether the file was already there or just
> created.  And you probably don't want this.

You could open the file read-only...

—Jens

PS: Tim, for some reason your mail client (iLetter) is sending replies without
an In-Reply-To header, which breaks up the threading (at least in my mail
client) making it very hard to follow. There’s probably not a way for you to
change that, but maybe you could send them a bug report?