> On Apr 12, 2017, at 1:01 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
>> which I only need to issue when initializing a new database.
>
> 'need' is a bit strong.  I have never worried about pagesize in a database.
> I’ve always just left it at the default for whatever platform I’m using when
> I create the database.  But I don’t write programs where SQLite speed is a
> bottleneck.

I didn't mean 'need' quite so strongly; it was more like "…which I don't need
to issue when reopening an existing database".

The discussion of the page-size change in 3.12.0 says that "on modern hardware,
a 4096 byte page is a faster and better choice", and performance is important
to our code, so it seemed worth it to bump the page size. (We still support
SQLite versions older than 3.12.)

> I have previous argued for category documention for PRAGMAs: which ones are
> stored in the database, which ones just tell you things, etc..

Yes, that would be great.

—Jens