On 9 Sep 2017, at 9:11pm, Teg <t...@djii.com> wrote:

> Is  it a phone or tablet?  I'd wonder if the CPU is going into thermal
> throttle  mode.  As I understand it most phones and tablets can't keep
> the CPU's running full speed without eventually throttling the CPU.

I would never have thought of that unless I had the device in my hands.  Well
done.

Yes.  You’re trying to process 100,000 updates, and your device is working flat
out for 7 minutes, or for 20 minutes.  How hot is it ?  If you do it unplugged,
how much does that drain the battery ?

I don’t have experience with Android but I can tell you that iOS will have to
throttle any process that attempts to do process data continuously for 7
minutes.

Simon.