I vote to keep mailing list. It works great for me with GMail (accessible
from all my devices instantly)
Reasons:
1. GMail has a threaded view built-in which works great. You might need to
enable it in settings.
2. I doubt if any spam filter can ever be better than Gmail's. Spam
fighting is not just a matter of having Bayesian algos right -- it needs
mountains of data to work right. Who can beat Google in that?
3. Searching fast and accurate is crucial to my use of SQLite mailing list.
Again Google can't be beat.
4. If at all needed, maybe this offering  from Google is the way to go:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/167430?hl=en (I have no experience
using it, though)

Thanks,
SK