Hi, is there an elegant way to simulate a dynamic UPSERT in SQLite since it
doesn’t has an UPSERT?

So, if I have a table with 30 columns and my code updates sub-sets out of these
columns, I don’t want to write queries that manually retrieve the old values
one by one.

insert or replace into Book (ID, Name, TypeID, Level, Seen) values (
        (select ID from Book where Name = "SearchName"),
   "SearchName",
    5,
    6,
    (select Seen from Book where Name = "SearchName"));

So, for every column I don’t want to change I need to add a sub-select
statement. If I need to build this statement dynamically, IMO it would be
better to handle this code directly in code:

if(record-exists?){
        UPDATE …
} else {
        INSERT …