On 2018/03/19 10:36 AM, Paul wrote:
Fort me personally, the most sad thing is an annoyance. Because I have to
maintain two almost identical queries and manually tweak strategies.

I think that there presents the entire UPSERT argument's only real motivation, because it really is negligible from a Database performance point of view.  Never the less, many a lazy programmer do yearn for it (I don't specifically need it, but I am a lazy programmer too, and probably would use it if it existed!), and it seems trivial to implement db-side.

We keep going in circles between those of us explaining why it's not really better and those of us who really feel warranted in asking for it.

I never see a dev speak up on this - Is there any dev thoughts on why this isn't considered yet?

I mean, do we keep lobbying for it, or is there a reason we should all just drop it (and that we might explain to the next person coming on here and asking for it)?.

Cheers,
Ryan