I have been reviewing sqlite for a couple of years, but still use foxpro.  I have a question regarding an index issue.

Currently I have several types of databases (in foxpro, one per file) that all point to an index of a common field, a customer account number.  The databases are for accounting, technical, general info lookup, etc.  \

I do not want these databases to all reside in one sqlite file.  How do I index each database on this customer account number when each database and associated index are in separate files?  Is this what seems to be referred to as an external file?  I assume that I would have to reindex each database each time it is opened, since a record could have been edited, etc.

tia,

John