I have the xbase type of databases down tight, having been using them since I bought my copy of dBASE II from George Tate of Ashton-Tate at a West Coast Computer Faire in 1981.  I have been writing applications for my alarm company, now through Foxpro 2.6 in DOS.  I understand what an index is.  My concern in using Sqlite is since the index is embedded into the database file with various tables, if I am running multiple Sqlite database files, how do I use a common index for the different database files.  I won't provide technicians with accounts receivable databases, etc.

My thinking is along the line of all mission critical clocks take their accuracy from the US Naval Observatory in Fort Collins, CO, instead of thousands of free running clocks, each with what it thinks is the correct time.

John