On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 7:11 am, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 6/13/19, Donald Shepherd <donald.sheph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Given there's been numerous comments to the effect that SQLite now
> supports
> > -0.0 storing and retrieval other than printing, I'm curious which version
> > this was implemented in as I wouldn't mind removing my custom code when
> we
> > move to a SQLite version with this improvement.
>
> SQLite version 3.0.0 from 2004-06-17.

When I reported that testing on 3.8.7.2 stored -0.0 but retrieved 0.0, your
comment on this list was that "SQLite converts integer floating point
values to actual integers for storage (because that takes up less space on
disk) and then converts back to double upon retrieval. That round-trip
would change -0.0 into +0.0."  I was wondering when this changed?

That doesn't seem like "supporting -0.0 storing and retrieval" since
3.0.0.0 if it was previously being modified to another value during
storage, losing the sign in the process.

Regards,
Donald Shepherd.