OK, thanks a lot.

I think I have made a lot of progress, probably because of the different
source files you pointed me to.

I get one error though and that has to do with this bit of code:

/*
** The version of the library
*/
const char sqlite3_version[] = SQLITE_VERSION;
BSTR __stdcall sqlite3_libversion(void){ return SysAllocStringByteLen(
sqlite3_version,strlen( sqlite3_version) ); }
BSTR __stdcall sqlite3_libversion_number(void){ return
SQLITE_VERSION_NUMBER; }

The error originates from the second line of code and shows like this in the
build window:

c:\sqlite\sourcewin\main.c(33) : error C2373: 'sqlite3_libversion' :
redefinition; different type modifiers

No idea what to do about this.

RBS