Yes, I can see now where this happens:

           TempWideDataHolder = CoTaskMemAlloc(1);
      // Set up array bounds
      SA_Bounds[0].cElements = NumberRows + 1;
      SA_Bounds[0].lLbound = 0;
      SA_Bounds[1].cElements = NumberofCols;
      SA_Bounds[1].lLbound = 0;

      //Create array
      resultp = SafeArrayCreate(VT_VARIANT, 2, SA_Bounds);
             // Start Place column headers in first row
      for (intCurrentColumn=0;intCurrentColumn< (ULONG)NumberofCols
;intCurrentColumn++) {
        long indices[] = {0,intCurrentColumn};
        VariantInit(&tmpVariant);
        // Start Convert to unicode
        WideCharacterLength=strlen(SQL_Results[intCurrentColumn]) + 1 ;
        *TempWideDataHolder = (LPOLESTR)
CoTaskMemAlloc(WideCharacterLength*2);
        MultiByteToWideChar( CP_ACP, 0, SQL_Results[intCurrentColumn],
          strlen(SQL_Results[intCurrentColumn])+1, *TempWideDataHolder,
          WideCharacterLength );
        //Convert the VT_Object element to the BSTR - Here we may change if
SQLite type casts
        tmpVariant.bstrVal=SysAllocString(*TempWideDataHolder);
        V_VT(&tmpVariant) = VT_BSTR;
        CoTaskMemFree(*TempWideDataHolder);
        // End convert to unicode
        // Safearray Column headers
        hr = SafeArrayPutElement(resultp, indices, &tmpVariant);
        SysFreeString(tmpVariant.bstrVal);
        VariantClear(&tmpVariant);
      }

      // End Place column headers in first row
      // Start Loop through array and fill SAFEARRAY
      for (intCurrentRow=1;intCurrentRow<=(ULONG)NumberRows
;intCurrentRow++) {
        for (intCurrentColumn=0;intCurrentColumn< (ULONG)NumberofCols
;intCurrentColumn++) {
          long indices[] = {intCurrentRow , intCurrentColumn};
          // set return array index
          VariantInit(&tmpVariant);
          sqlite_return_array_int= (intCurrentRow * (ULONG)NumberofCols) +
intCurrentColumn ;
          // Start Convert to unicode
          if (SQL_Results[sqlite_return_array_int]) {
            WideCharacterLength=strlen(SQL_Results[sqlite_return_array_int])
+ 1 ;
            *TempWideDataHolder= (LPOLESTR)
CoTaskMemAlloc(WideCharacterLength*2);
            MultiByteToWideChar( CP_ACP, 0,
SQL_Results[sqlite_return_array_int],
              strlen(SQL_Results[sqlite_return_array_int])+1,
*TempWideDataHolder,
              WideCharacterLength );
//Convert the VT_Object element to the BSTR -
//Here we may change if SQLite type casts
            tmpVariant.bstrVal=SysAllocString(*TempWideDataHolder);
            V_VT(&tmpVariant) = VT_BSTR;
            CoTaskMemFree(*TempWideDataHolder);
            // End convert to unicode
            hr = SafeArrayPutElement(resultp, indices, &tmpVariant);
            SysFreeString(tmpVariant.bstrVal);
            VariantClear(&tmpVariant);
          }
        }
      }
      // END Loop through array and fill SAFEARRAY
    }
  }
  else
  {
    *ErrMsg = SysAllocStringByteLen( ErrMessage,strlen( ErrMessage) );
  }

Now I will have to figure out how to re-code this.

RBS