On 8/28/07, Jeremy Hinegardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 03:13:47PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > In reference to
> >
> >    http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=2592
> >
> > This is the first public indication we have had that
> > Skype is using SQLite in their windows clients.  However,
> > the person who wrote the ticket seems to be a bit confused.
> > Can any able hackers in the SQLite community confirm that
> > the Skype windows client is using SQLite?  It would be
> > nice to add them to the page of high-profile users.
>
> I can confirm that there is a sqlite db in my Skype on Mac OSX
>
> In the file $HOME/Library/Application\
> Support/Skype/<skype-username>/dyncontent/bundle.dat

Also confirmed on Windows.  It appears to contain downloaded UI data
-- icons, tips, promotions, etc.  It's notable that the contact list,
chat history etc are using something other than SQLite.

Hard to tell if what's in that ticket is actually from Skype or not,
but at least they're using SQLite for some things.