I think one central issue related to SQLite does cause the most friction in the
community. It is the never ending quest for "more features."  I feel the
majority of users did not select SQLite for "the features" as SQLite by design
avoids features to remain true to its history, culture, and place in the
universe.  I did not select SQLite for the features.  I selected SQL Server,
Oracle, and a couple of others for the features.  I selected SQLite for the
lack of features.

I think none of the generated friction is intentional or divisive in nature.
Some of us do a better job of communicating than others no matter what the base
reason.  "Technical Computer" types have also had the historical if not
accurate legacy of, "not playing well with others."  Since we aint in Marketing
or Advertising I suspect a certain amount of truth to that perception.  And we
usually have the unpopular duty of telling others what the Marketing and
Advertising crowd has failed to mention, after they have left the building and
the ink on the contract is not even dry.

Given all that, I have been guilty of being less than a perfect communicator on
many occasions.  But I have found the participants on this list on a whole to
be one of the better groups of technical types I have been associated with.
Unfortunately there are instances where, normally a very passionate individual
or idea is presented and is perceived as was unintended.

I pulled that "failure to communicate" trick recently with VB coder references.
 Fortunately that thread died a well deserved death earlier than this one.
But, it did little to change my opinion of BASIC as a computer "language." :-)

Fred