I have contacted both flavors' authors about the update, even offering to
co-maintain the binding experimentally if necessary, so we'll see what happens.
  Part of the outstanding issue is that according to some users I trust
DBD::SQLite 1.14 introduced significant bugs that weren't in 1.13, such that
they recommend using 1.13 instead, so there are binding-specific issues still
resolve as well.  Hence doing the update well isn't as simple as just
substituting updated SQLite source files. -- Darren Duncan