On Jan 19, 2009, at 3:50 AM, Jens Miltner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded to sqlite 3.6.10 and keep getting a segmentation
> violation when running the full tests on Mac OS X:
> The last test completed is consistently thread001.1.3.

This was a problem in the testing logic, not in the SQLite library
itself.  The test logic was trying to run a threading test with some
of the mutexes disabled.  Everything works correctly once mutexes are
enabled properly.

Of course, I wasted 4 hours tracking the problem down.....  This is
yet another episode that demonstrates how threads are a pernicious
evil that should be studiously avoided in any program that you
actually want to work.  Threads cause hard-to-trace bugs.  Threads
result in non-deterministic behavior.  Threads make programs run
slower.  Just say "No" to threads...

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com