-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]on Behalf Of Darren Duncan
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 3:49 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] MySQL makes me wish for SQLite

Fred Williams wrote:
> I've already eaten up the better part of 150MB of disk space, run
> installation repair once, (of many?) and still trying to find the
> "admin" logon and password.  Damn!  It has been too long!
>
> Please, is someone working on a good straight forward .PHP SQLite
> interface?  I might even pay for it!

PHP 5 has a SQLite3 extension, which is documented at
http://ca3.php.net/manual/en/book.sqlite3.php .  This is bundled and active
by
default as of PHP 5.3.0.  I would naively think that's what you seek, and if
not
then I'd ask why.

Also, a comment in the introduction for the above, at
http://ca3.php.net/manual/en/intro.sqlite3.php#89809 , says that the current
recommended way to *natively* use SQLite 3 with PHP 5 is using a PDO object,
which lets you call any function that the SQLite library exposes.

Of course.  If you weren't stuck on PHP I would also recommend using a
different
program language with strong or superior SQLite support, such as Perl's
DBD::SQLite.

-- Darren Duncan

Please!  Just one new language at a time! As mentioned in my last message,
I'm stuck with PHP because of a prepackaged web app I don't have the time,
patience, or experience to write from scratch.

You guys are going to make me read yet another d+++m technical manual it
looks like.

Thanks for the "awakening."  Now where did I leave that, "Learn PHP In
Twenty Minutes" book?

Fred