On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Simon Slavin wrote:

> ... but that requires that you understand at least a bit of relational
> databases theory.  We've recently had questions from people who don't
> understand an INDEX, or what you would want one, or how to make one which
> is useful for a particular query.  So I guess the lowest rung on learning
> SQLite is something like "What is a relational database ?".

> Sorry, a little hobby-horse of mine.

Simon,

   You'll find no disagreement here. I've seen too many "databases" that are
flat-field because the creators have no idea on how to build a relational
database
by normalizing data. However, that's not specific to SQLite.

   There are many Web sites that can provide a good introduction. Google will
turn them up.

   I will make the same argument about statistical software, particularly GIS
for spatial analyses. Just because you teach someone how to use a word
processor does not make her a writer. Holds true for any technical tool: if
you don't know how to properly use the tool you can hurt yourself.

Rich