I just tried

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Black, Michael (IS)
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 2:37 PM

________________________________

From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org on behalf of Art
Sent: Mon 5/24/2010 1:28 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] network access problem

Running in sqlite application in Virtual Box, attempt to open a database with
sqlite from a shared network folder \\Vboxsvr\testdata  however the open16 and
openv2 (with read only)  both fail --- rc = 14.  File opens file if moved
locally to hard drive.

using latest version of sqlite3 3.6.23.1

this seems to be a bug in the open code of sqlite when accessing a file across
a network.

Thank you,
Art Zerger
azer...@yahoo.com

Hi Art,

I just succeeded in opening a db with a UNC path, under Windows XP Pro, using
the same version (3.6.23.1) with the command-line utility -- but I do NOT use
virtual box.

Does the command-line utility fail for you under virtual box?

Might you attempt it without virtualbox?

Donald