On Mon, 24 May 2010 11:28:04 -0700 (PDT), Art
<azer...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Running in sqlite application in Virtual Box, attempt to open a database
>with sqlite from a shared network folder \\Vboxsvr\testdata
>however the open16 and openv2 (with read only)  both fail --- rc = 14.
>File opens file if moved locally to hard drive.
>
>using latest version of sqlite3 3.6.23.1
>
>this seems to be a bug in the open code of sqlite when accessing
>a file across a network.

A VBox shared folder is not exactly the best example of
"sharing over a network". The purpose of shared folders is
to copy files to and from virtual machines in an easy way.
I think the locking primitives of VBox shared folders are
not 100%.  You could try again with NFSv4.

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )