On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 02:40:45PM -0700, Dave Dyer scratched on the wall:

> (I'm a little curious about the logic in unixOpen, which if a
> read/write open fails, tries a readonly open instead.  I'm unsure
> how this is supposed to be acceptable.

  For good or for bad, this is the behavior of both sqlite3_open() and
  sqlite3_open_v2().  I'm sure you'd see the same thing with all VFS
  modules.

  http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/open.html

  It seems odd to me as well, especially with sqlite3_open_v2().  If I
  asked for the file to be opened READWRITE, I want that-- or I want an
  error.  If I had wanted it READONLY, I would have asked for read-only.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson