On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2011, at 8:31pm, Matthew Adams wrote:
>
>> I'm a bit confused with the current level of support for Sqlite on
>> .NET.  I've seen both http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com and
>> http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki,
>> explaining that the codebase is under transition.
>
> 'Under transition' is a good thing.  It means that the project is still
> actively being worked on rather than having been abandoned.  You have a
> stable version you can use, and the project team are working on a newer one.

Understood.

>> When is official support for .NET 4.0 expected?
>
> 'official' from the SQLite team ?  Never.  SQLite's official support is for
> two sets of source code written in C.  No other forms of support are
> provided, not for any specific platform or variation on C (e.g. C++,
> Objective-C, C#).  A great deal of work goes into making sure that the C
> source code compiles acceptably with a /lot/ of different C compilers on a
> lot of different platforms so that other teams can easily build it into their
> own projects, either prepare libraries from it.

I would have expected whomever the code is being transitioned to to be
the group that is actively developing the .NET provider.  Since I'm
new to the SQLite ecosystem, I'm not sure who that is, and it sounds
like you're saying that the SQLite team is not maintaining it or
enhancing it.  If that's true, who is?

Thanks,
Matthew