> With regard to the second issue, several experienced people, including
> Richard Hipp, have expressed the opinion in more than one occasion
> that statically linking sqlite avoids some problems that can happen
> otherwise.

OTOH, all people involved in supporting Linux distributions advocate
against static inclusion and for use of dynamic libraries all the time
so that if some bug or security vulnerability is fixed in SQLite it
could be easily updated for everybody by upgrading only one package. I
don't know though what they suggest to do if you need to use version
of SQLite newer than distribution is currently providing.

Pavel