From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Peter Haworth [p...@lcsql.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 3:57 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: EXT :Re: [sqlite] What does "The use of the amalgamation is
recommended for all applications." mean, precisely?

Just picking a random post to make my reply to.

I truly wish I could get access to an external sqlite library to load at
runtime.  I use e devlopement language that has the sqlite library built
into it so I am at the mercy of the language provider as to what is
provided.  Right now, they are using sqlite 3.7.4 which looks to be at
least 7 releases out of date and lacks several features including fts4aux
and rtree virtual tables.  TO make matters worse, they don;t expose
whatever function it is in sqlite that would allow me to load extensions to
sqlite from external libraries.

So while I think that in most circumstances it makes sense to compile the
sqlite library into your application for all the reasons mentioned, I wish
that was not the case in my circumstances.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com<http://www.lcsql.com/>>