On 6 Mar 2013, at 9:50am, Tom Matrix <ratomat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My only remaining concern is, however: Should not SQLite give an error (or at
> least a warning) in cases where a foreign key constraint refers to a different
> data type?

I see why you asked but that won't work in SQLite.  Because SQLite doesn't have
column types, it just has column affinities, which aren't enforced.  Each
individual value in a column may have a different type.  You could define the
column type as 'integer' but put the text 'overdrawn' into the value for one
row.

You can see the rules that SQLite actually follows when comparing values of
different types in section 3.3 of

<http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html>

Not that this would help you in the case reported because of the (now fixed)
bug.

Simon.