I found the code in the two attached files (are they allowed on this list?)
on the web a while back.  The claim was that it created an information
schema database from an sqlite db.  I know nothing about Lua but I managed
to get as far as creating the schema. Unfortunately, the url I got it from
no longer has the code. but I'd be interested to know if it works.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM, <sqlite-users-requ...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> Message: 16
> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:15:39 +0000
> From: Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>
> To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
> Subject: Re: [sqlite] pragma table_info(database.table) not supported
>

> On 20 Mar 2013, at 6:52pm, Petite Abeille <petite.abei...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 20, 2013, at 6:53 PM, Jay A. Kreibich <j...@kreibi.ch> wrote:
> >
> >> If there is any change I'd like to see, it is that all the PRAGMAs
> >> that return tabular data should really be system catalog tables.
> >
> > Triple hurray for that! SQLite deserves a proper data dictionary, no
> question asked.
> >
> > What about adopting/adapting the information schema and call it a day?
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_schema
>
> Me three.  I feel that this would be a better way to get details about the
> currently connected database(s).  It should replace all the PRAGMAs which
> return details about tables, indexes, foreign keys, etc..  I do remember
> someone posted code here a year or two ago which executed lots of PRAGMAs
> and used the results to build such tables.  It may have been this, or
> related to it:
>
> <http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=InformationSchema>
>
> These tables could either be updated on any schema change, or could be
> left uncalculated until a query on them is executed, or could be
> created/updated on execution of a special command like ANALYSE.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>