On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>
>> We would like to encourage people to try out the new code and
>> report both success and failure.
>>

> Not particulary about this draft version, but about my experience with
> memory mapped files on Windows If you don't mind .
>
> I don't know whether such scenario is possible with sqlite.

Finally I did some tests and didn't not notice anything like that with
creating tables, probably because memory-mapping is not currently for
inserting and updating, so the problem I described seems like not actual.

As for general queries, I have mixed feeling. At least one of my queries
worked 9 seconds on 3.7.17 ddraft instead of 27 seconds with 3.7.16.1. So
the speed progress can be very noticeable in some cases. But as I see the
VFS stopped working transparently in this case. Shouldn't it be so that
xRead and probably xWrite still be in the chain of callings, just doing
memcpy from file-mapping regions instead of calling file routines?
Otherwise many existing vfs filtering solutions (encryption, compression)
won't longer work when memory-mapping is on.

Max