On Sat, 24 May 2014 03:08:32 -0700 (PDT), Humblebee
<fantasia.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm making good headway with the conversion from the use of strings
>into a normalized database.  With the kind help of everyone on the
>list, I can retrieve the data from the new structure.
>
>I am now at the stage of saving the data to the new structure.  Each
>time I do an update, I need to update multiple rows in the
>TeamPersonTable with a new orderId and TeamId.  I looked up the SQLite
>documentation and found that Insert works on multiple rows.  Can I
>update multiple rows with one statement ?

Not in the same way as :
        INSERT (columnlist)
        VALUES (valuelist1)
        ,       (valuelist2)
        ,       (valuelistN);

You can UPDATE multiple rows, but all of them will get the same column
values as specified in SET col1=val1,col2=val2,...,colN=valN .
The WHERE cluase determines which rows are updated.

--
Groet, Cordialement, Pozdrawiam, Regards,

Kees Nuyt