Oops, left out two links, the Rasdaman 10.0 quote is from the Rasdaman
roadmap.
http://rasdaman.org/roadmap

and the quote about the ISO designation is from the Array SQL Rasdaman page:
http://rasdaman.com/ArraySQL/

But, the conclusion remains the same:

So, Multi-dimensional arrays may be coming to SQL via the ISO Standard 9075
and to SQLite3 via Rasdaman, but only if, Rasdaman decides to use SQLite3
as their default backend in their 10.0.0 release.

Jim Callahan
Orlando, FL